Orion is a benchtop, high resolution whole-slide fluorescence imaging system that images 21 channels in a single scan within 2 hours and enables rapid spatial insights – even in the presence of autofluorescence.
The Orion Instrument for spatial biology:
- Delivers 21-channel datasets for cell classification studies, analysis of protein expression, spatial analysis, and subcellular location
- Enables rapid highly multiplexed tissue analysis
- Accelerates comprehensive phenotypic profiling studies and spatial analysis of tissue microenvironment
- Detects biomarkers in the presence of autofluorescence
- Fits in standard pathology workflows
Orion isolates overlapping signals into separate channels
Orion addresses challenges of working with tissue autofluorescence through the ability to extract biomarker signals from autofluorescence.
Shown at right, a lung carcinoma with appreciable sample autofluorescence was stained with nuclear dye and anti‑cytokeratin antibody—all with overlapping emission spectra.
Orion isolates the biomarker and nuclear dye signals into separate channels and captures autofluorescence into its own channel.
Orion specifications and capabilities
- Single scan of 21 fluorescence channels is <2 hours for 1 cm2 at 20x
- High resolution imaging
- Brightfield imaging capability
- Suitable for clinical laboratories
- Uses standard pathology slides and is compatible with standard FFPE tissue sample preparation
- Easily fits on a standard laboratory benchtop
- Data output is an open *.ome tiff file format for compatibility with third party image analysis software
For comprehensive specifications, download the Orion datafile.
CyteHub® Software facilitates user interaction with Orion
CyteHub Software is included with the Orion Instrument and enables users to acquire, manage, and visualize data.
- Enables powerful image visualization, annotation, and sharing to facilitate collaboration for highly multiplexed datasets
- Provides database functionality for easy file management
- Manages assays, workflows, and user permissions