Circulating tumor cells (CTCs) are the origin of distant cancer metastases, which are responsible for most cancer-related mortality. Circulating tumor cell count is associated with prognosis and response to therapy, and analysis of circulating tumor cells allows investigation of cancer cell biomarker expression and mutational status from a non-invasive liquid biopsy.
RareCyte® enables practical deployment of circulating tumor cell-based liquid biopsy with instrumentation and consumables that provide an exquisitely sensitive, accurate, reproducible, and transparent workflow from blood collection to single-cell isolation.
The RareCyte platform enables:
- Monitoring circulating tumor cell count and biomarker expression over time for clinical research
- Custom assay and companion diagnostics development through our Pharma Programs
- Cancer-specific and Developer panels for your biomarkers
- Examination of cancer mutations in single circulating tumor cells
The RareCyte platform provides:
- Reproducibility: End-to-end workflow designed for consistent results in multi-site deployment settings common to large clinical research studies
- Flexibility: Three-day blood sample stability and bank-before-stain option enables practical clinical sample shipping, staining, and analysis pipelines
- Sensitivity: Unbiased and highly sensitive target cell recovery with the AccuCyte® Sample Preparation System
- Specificity: Up to six-channel fluorescence imaging with machine learning-enabled circulating tumor cell detection protects against false positives
- Validated panels: RarePlex® Staining Kits for research use designed for circulating tumor cell identification and biomarker expression analysis
- Retrieval: Gentle, single cell isolation for nucleic acid analysis
The Complete Picture: Cell free and single circulating tumor cell sequencing from a single tube
RareCyte’s circulating tumor cell assays and CyteFinder Instrument can be paired with CleanPlex® NGS Technology from Paragon Genomics to reliably measure somatic mutations from single circulating tumor cells and plasma. RareCyte assays deliver repeatable and accurate circulating tumor cell counts, biomarker expression, and plasma – all from a single tube of blood. Single cells can be retrieved from the slides and deposited into PCR tubes using the CytePicker Retrieval Module. CleanPlex Panels deliver consistent sequencing results from plasma and single cell inputs, without the need for whole genome amplification.
Read more about a case study examining HER2 genetic heterogeneity in a metastatic breast cancer patient.